Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Destruction of our beautiful Canadian Hemlocks







Well the O&R Contractor (Lewis Tree Service) finally reached our beautiful Canadian Hemlocks. They said " they must be cut and shredded. The hundreds of feet up power lines may arc on them", as quoted by an O&R representative! BULL____! The Lewis Tree Service men said " they have never heard of or seen any "arcing" and if they did they would quit on the spot!




So much for the B.S. fed to pacify the landowner! We did however manage to save our tiny white birches (5' tall ) that we make walking sticks for our friends and relatives. Oh yes, and one bent over heirloom apple tree, that I have been nurturing since I found it! It got three yellow apples last year, not much but its mine and I am happy some bird or animal dropped a seed long ago! Maybe this year I will get more apples. The bees I have will pollinate it for me! See more pictures of the shreeded trees! Hope they don't come to your home! Godspeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment